Visiting Assistant Professor
Office Hours (Fall 2021)
Available via Zoom (email to request the times and Zoom Meeting link)
PhD, University of South Dakota, 2019
Prior to joining the Department of Political Science at Oklahoma State University as a Visiting Assistant Professor, Dr. Dzordzormenyoh served as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for Black Studies Research (CBSR) at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of South Dakota. A master’s degree in Applied Politics from the University of Akron and bachelor’s degree in Political Science & Linguistics from the University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana. His teaching interests are in American Government & Politics, Public Administration, Public Policy, Criminal Justice, Social Justice & Inequality.
His research focuses on the comparative study of social justice and inequality issues by examining the intersection of leadership, policy formulation, administration and how that affects minorities in the United States and other countries. Specifically, he studies issues on leadership, criminal justice, healthcare, and immigration. He hopes to use his teaching and research to produce positive change for minorities globally and to shape individuals and government policies regarding the respect for human beings, civil rights, and sensible care of resources.
Leadership, Healthcare, Death Penalty, Substance Abuse, Prisons
- Boateng, Francis D. & Dzordzormenyoh, Michael, K. 2021. “Capital Punishment in Brazil: Exploring the Factors that Predict Public Support for the Death Penalty.” Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice. Available via OnlineFirst.
- Boateng, F. D., Dzordzormenyoh, M. K., Adjekum-Boateng, N. S., & Nortey Darko, I. 2021. "Substance Use among Students: Examining the Effects of Psychological Problems and the Five Dimensions of Personality Traits." Deviant Behavior, 1-18.
- Dzordzormenyoh, Michael K. 2021. “Evaluation of Access to Potential & Actual Health Care along the Health Insurance Coverage Continuum in the United States.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 12(1).
- Dzordzormenyoh, M. K., Asafo, D. M., & Domeh, T. 2020. "Place, People & Diseases: The Association Between Geography & Diseases in Ghana." The Columbia University Journal of Global Health, 10(2).
- Diamond‐Welch, B. K., & Dzordzormenyoh, M. K. 2019. "Domestic Assault." The Encyclopedia of Women and Crime, 1-5.