How to Apply
The application for admission into the political science MA program is online at https://www.applyweb.com/apply/oksugrad/. In order to complete your application for admission, you will need to submit scanned copies of the following materials:
- All official undergraduate transcripts
- A 1-2 page personal statement that outlines why you are interested in the program and what you hope to achieve with the help of a Master of Arts degree in political science,
- GRE scores*
- The email addresses of three individuals willing to write you a letter of recommendation, with preference given to faculty who are familiar with your academic work and record.
- International students may need to submit TOEFL scores, and other materials as required by the Oklahoma State Graduate College. This information can be found on the Graduate College website.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Kristen Kulling, the Graduate Advisor for the MA program at email@example.com.
* The department does not currently have a minimum GRE requirement. Evaluation of GRE scores will be conducted along with the rest of an applications academic record. However, the normal benchmark for an unrestricted (i.e., non-probationary) admission is a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA. This may be tempered by additional considerations, such as performance in political science and other closely related courses, number and scope of undergraduate courses taken, etc.
Applications for the political science MA program will be considered at any time as long as space is available. However, we encourage applications to be completed by March 1 for fall semester admittance and November 1 for spring semester admittance.
By submitting an application for admission and funding application by this time, applicants will insure their application is considered while space and funding is still available.