Welcome to Oklahoma State University Graduate Program in Fire and Emergency Management Administration Doctor of Philosophy Admissions page
March 1st for Fall semester admissions
Students are eligible for admission to the Fire and Emergency Management Administration Ph.D. program if they:
- Undergraduate Degree: Earned an undergraduate degree in Fire Science, Fire Management, Emergency Management, or significant coursework related to these areas.
- Master's Degree: Earned a Master's degree in Fire and Emergency Management Administration, Master of Public Administration, Master of Fire and Emergency Management Administration, Master of Emergency Management, or significant coursework and research related to these areas.
- CGPA: Minimum 3.000
- English Language Proficiency: For international students, a minimum TOEFL score of 101 (computer exam) or 607 (paper exam) or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0.
How to Apply
In order to apply to our program, applicants must meet both the OSU Graduate College’s requirements and the Fire and Emergency Management Administration Program’s requirements.
Graduate College Requirements
- The first thing you need to do is create an Online Graduate Application Account here. Once you create a new account, follow the online instructions to complete your application. If you have any question regarding the Online Graduate Application, contact the OSU Graduate College Admissions at (405) 744-6371.
To complete the Online Graduate Application, you are required submit the following:
OSU Graduate Application fee (you can pay the fee during the online application)
Official transcripts of all previous college level coursework including official transcripts that verify receipt of an undergraduate bachelor’s and Master's degree
NOTE: The Graduate College will not forward your application to the Fire and Emergency Management Administration office until they receive the application fee AND official transcripts
- Please send all transcripts to the following address.
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-1019
Fire and Emergency Management Administration Program Requirements
1) The first requirement for admission is an application packet. It must contain the following items in a bound version.
- An application essay, not exceeding 2 pages in length and addressing the following topics:
- Please address the application essay to “OSU Graduate Program in Fire and Emergency Management Administration.”
- How you learned about the OSU Graduate Program in Fire and Emergency Management Administration and your reasons for choosing this program.
- Your short-term (~5 years) and long-term (~10 years) educational and professional goals.
- How your academic and professional experiences will contribute to you success in the Graduate Program
- Explanation of any deficiencies or gaps in your academic or professional experiences.
- The Percentage of your course work that you plan to take at distance and in Stillwater. As a reminder, nine (9) credits must be taken in Stillwater to complete the Graduate College residency requirement.
- A writing sample demonstrating your ability to do graduate level research.
- Curriculum vitae or current resume
- Please send the complete application packet to:
OSU Fire and Emergency Management Administration
201 Murray Hall
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078
2) Three recommendation forms, preferable from professors, but may also include employers. First, complete the Confidentiality Waiver below. After processing, you will receive recommendation forms to forward onto your indicated references.
3) GRE: Required scores from the Graduate Record Examination taken within five years of the application.
- Oklahoma State University code is: 6546