Independent Study in Social Media Management
For the Fall 2017 semester, students in this special section of POLS 4990 will gain hands-on experience in image management, assisting in promoting the public image of the OSU Political Science Department. Class projects and responsibilities will include:
- Helping to manage the department’s Facebook page and other departmental communications.
- Weekly offices hours assisting the Political Science staff.
- Helping to prepare a new department brochure and other public relations material.
- Researching internships, grants, scholarships, and other student opportunities.
- Compiling a final media strategy presentation detailing how to better connect with political science students and alumni.
To apply, either submit your application through the department's Facebook page or email Dr. Hansen a copy of your most recent resume or CV. Please describe why you are interested in the position. If you have any specific skills or past experiences that would help prepare you for this class, be sure to mention this as well.
Only a few class slots will be available, so be sure to get your application in ASAP!
POLS 1113 Discussion Leaders
Interested in serving as a teaching assistant for POLS 1113: American Government? Click here to read more about the position and access the application.
Deadline: noon on Friday, April 22